I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. The Christmas Cribs exhibitions of the Republic have been held from 1998 in Rokiškis Regional Museum. The idea of such exhibitions was proposed by Italian artist, businessman and patron Angelo Frosio, who has collaborated with Rokiškis Regional Museum since 1994.
2. These regulations govern the objectives and tasks, the organization procedure and the award procedure of the participants of the XVI International Contest Exhibition of Christmas Cribs.
3. The Contest Exhibition is organized by Rokiškis Regional Museum.
II. OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
4. The objective of the Contest Exhibition is to cherish and continue the ethnic Lithuanian calendar traditions, to promote the search for new forms of expression of people, especially children and young people. Another objective is to create a festive mood during the Christmas time, because in winter time the variety of tourism services is especially reduced. The Contest Exhibition seeks to increase the attractiveness of the Museum and to maintain the ethnic peculiarity.
5. Tasks of the Contest Exhibition:
5.1. To organize the XVI International Christmas Cribs Exhibition-Contest in Rokiškis Regional Museum.
5.2. To publish the Exhibition catalogue;
5.3. To organize the closure of the Exhibition – the concert and award ceremony for the authors of the best works;
5.4. To enlarge the crib collection with new exhibits.
III. PROCEDURE FOR ORGANIZING THE CONTEST
6. The age and education of the participants are not limited.
7. The cribs delivered to the exhibition should be the sculptural and volumetric-spatial compositions. Drawings and paintings are not accepted for the exhibition.
8. The cribs can be made of different materials (except food products). They must be stable, durable and prepared to be exposed.
9. Untill the 1st of December, 2018 the participants must deliver a crib to Rokiškis Regional Museum. The Contest Exhibition will start on the 8th of December, 2018. The closure and participants’ award are scheduled for the 19th of January, 2019. If the event time changes, the participants and the guests will be informed individually by telephone and/or e-mail. More detailed information will be published on the Museum’s website www.muziejusrokiskyje.lt. The responsible persons are Dalia Kiukienė and Giedrė Spundzevičienė. Please contact by phone +370-458-52835 or by email email@example.com
10. The organizers have the right to refuse exhibiting the works, which do not meet the requirements of these provisions or which have obvious defects.
11. The contest works are evaluated by 10 jury members: the art critics, the art teachers-experts and the contest organizers.
12. Evaluation criteria:
12.1 Originality, aesthetics;
12.2 Artistic, peculiarity;
12.3 Continuity of ethnic cultural traditions;
12.4 Mastery of the performance of the work.
IV. AWARDS FOR CONTEST EXHIBITION PARTICIPANTS
13. All contest participants receive the participant diplomas and the exhibition catalogues.
14. The participants, whose work has received the nominations of the jury, are awarded the sponsors’ prizes.
15. The participant, who has collected the most visitors’ votes, is awarded the audience prize.
16. Rokiškis Regional Museum Commission for Collections selects the cribs, which they recommend for Rokiškis Regional Museum crib collection complement.